- Want to help determine where soda tax funds are spent? The City of Boulder has released information on how to apply to be part of the Health Equity Advisory Committee (HEAC). The city site (https://bouldercolorado.gov/human-services) says:
A Health Equity Advisory Committee (HEAC) will be established to ensure tax fund expenditures align with the intention of Ballot Issue 2H and to make funding recommendations. To learn more about the eligibility criteria and time commitments of the committee, please see: HEAC Overview .
To apply for the HEAC, visit https://tinyurl.com/BoulderHEAC. HEAC applications are due June 7, 2017 by 4:30 p.m.
Are you an organization that works in Boulder and can help the mission of improving health equity? The city has released information on how to apply for funds to be distributed this year:
For more information, please see: Funding for Projects to Provide Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Programs . Applications are due June 23, 2017 by 4:30 p.m.
- Carolyn Tabak, MD, Daily Camera, June 17, 2017. Science says no soda tax exemptions
- Coloradoan, June 17, 2017. CU Boulder drops request for sugary drink tax exemption
- Jake Williams, Healthier Colorado, June 9, 2017. A tax break for Pepsi at the expense of low-income families
- Lee Scriggins, et al, Daily Camera, June 6, 2017. Mixers should not be exempted from Boulder soda tax
- Jose D. Beteta, Daily Camera, June 5, 2017. When will Boulder take equality seriously?
- Allyn Harker, Daily Camera, June 2, 2017. Don't let City Council cave on soda tax
- Daily Camera, May 31, 2017 Tax backers slam Boulder, say CU exemption 'special tax break to Pepsi'
- Kristen Daily, Daily Camera, May 31, 2017. City Council should get out of the way of soda tax
- Nicole Rajpal, Daily Camera, May 27, 2017. Reject exemptions to soda tax
- Lynn Gilbert, Daily Camera, May 26, 2017. Let's not get bogged down implementing soda tax
- Boulder Daily Camera, May 24, 2017. Boulder convenes committee on sugary-drink tax revenue, seeks grantees
- Denver Post, May 23, 2017. University of Colorado Boulder receives soda-tax exemption
- Boulder Daily Camera, May 20, 2017. Sugary drinks could go down the drain at CU Boulder dining halls
- Boulder Daily Camera, May 16, 2017. Boulder spares mixers and CU from soda tax; more amendments may come
- Boulder Daily Camera, May 6, 2017. Kombucha brewers, liquor stores and others plea for Boulder soda tax exemptions